Main Objectives of Conferences organized by IIMK are:
- To provide a platform to researchers to share research findings.
- To encourage researchers to identify significant research issues in identified areas, in the field of management.
- To help them in getting feedback on their research work for improving the same and making them more relevant and meaningful, through collective efforts.
- To help them fine tune their research output with existing literature and ongoing research efforts in the field by others.
- To help dissemination of their work through publications in a journal or in the form of conference proceedings or books.
- To use the research output of the conference in the class room for the benefits of the students.
- To encourage collaborative research with researchers of other business schools.
- To identify research issues for future conferences.
Conferences are also conducted in collaboration with other business schools at various locations.
15 conferences have been conducted by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode since December 2004, five out of which were conducted in collaboration with Indian Institute of Management Lucknow; Athenian Policy Forum, Athens, Greece; NASMEI, USA; MANLIBNET, New Delhi, and Marketing Academy of India.
There were over 800 research papers presented in those conferences. Four books and five conference proceedings have already been published.
IIMK organized five conferences ( including in collaboration with other business schools like IIML, RGIIM Shillong) in the year of 2009.