The first year provides the incoming students with a thorough grounding in the functional areas of Management. They undergo 61 credit foundation courses in various functional areas, followed by 8-10 weeks of summer training in business and industrial organisations. The first year courses in the core curriculum are common to all students and considering the level of rigour with which they are taught these will enable the students to enter into any stream of management when they embark upon a career.
The foundations for moulding of the Unique IIMK Brand are also laid down with the courses of
- Social Transformation of India
- Business Ethics.
The second year courses include
- Electives offerings in
- Accounting and Control
- Humanities and Liberal Arts in Management
- Information Technology and Systems
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Quantitative Methods and Operations Management
- International Business - Compulsory course
|TERM||MINIMUM CREDITS||MAXIMUM CREDITS|
|Total Credits for the Year||42||51|
Method of Instruction
The method of instruction at the Institute is a blend of the lecture method and experimental learning methods such as case discussions, role plays, simulations, group discussions and projects.