Admission for FPM 2017
- Finance Accounting & Control
- Information Technology & Systems
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources
- Quantitative Methods & Operations Management
- Strategic Management
One of the following qualifications is required as basic eligibility:
- Post-Graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline (including M.A, M.Sc., M.Com, MBA, MCA, M.Tech., etc) with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Professional qualifications of CA, ICWA and CS with at least 50% marks or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications such as MBBS and LLB with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA*
- Engineering degrees, viz., B.Tech., BE, etc. with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA*
Those appearing for the final exams can also apply; but, their final selection will be subject to successful completion of the requirement by June 30, 2017. Their admission will be provisional till they produce the required certificates of qualification before December 2017.
All relevant qualifications mentioned above must be granted by appropriate bodies in India or abroad and recognized as equivalent.
A candidate applying for FPM of IIMK should have a valid test score not older than two years as on January 16, 2017 from the date of application in any of the following tests.
|Sl.No.||Area of Specialisation||Qualifying Tests*|
|1.||Finance, Accounting and Control||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF (in Management, Economics and Commerce only), GATE|
|2.||Information Technology & Systems||CAT, GATE, GMAT, GRE|
|3.||Marketing||CAT and UGC JRF|
|4.||Organisational Behaviour & Human Resources||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF|
|5.||Quantitative Methods & Operations Management||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC / CSIR JRF, GATE|
|6.||Strategic Management||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF, GATE|
|7.||Economics||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC-JRF|
P.S: Candidate would have to secure 60 percentile in aggregate and 50 percentile in each of the sections in order to be considered for further selection processes.
Relaxation:Candidates possessing PGDM (full-time 2 year program) of IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.33 or equivalent will be exempt from having to take qualifying tests.
Selection:Candidates will be short listed on the recommendation of respective areas based on their Profile and Qualifying Scores. Such candidates will be invited for a Personal Interview (and written tests for certain areas) at IIM Kozhikode. To and fro travel expenses between the railway station at the place of residence and Kozhikode, limited to III AC train fare, will be reimbursed by the Institute.
How to apply
Candidates are required to apply online. They can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization. In addition, they will have to download a form for referee recommendation. These forms will have to be completed by two referees and attached with the print out of the completed application form.
An application fee of Rs.500/- is required. Please note that details of the demand draft are required to be entered in the Online Form. Hence, the demand draft needs to be procured before the online form can be submitted.
After applying online, a print out of the application along with the crossed demand draft (of Rs.500 payable to Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode at Kozhikode), self attested copies of graduation and post graduation mark sheets and certificates, self attested copy of the Qualifying Examination score card and Referee Recommendations (in the prescribed formats only) are to be sent to FPM Office, IIM Kozhikode, IIMK Campus PO, Calicut – 673570, Kerala. Online application and physical applications received by their due dates would only be considered for further selection processes.
A candidate could apply to two areas at the maximum. A candidate needs to fill up two different applications in order to apply to two different areas.
- Online application will open on - November 17, 2016
- Last date for submission of Online Application is - January 16, 2017
- Last date for receiving Printed Application along with DD, self attested copies of graduation and post graduation mark sheets and certificates, self attested copy of the Qualifying Examination score card and Referee Recommendations is January 23, 2017